Easiest Ever Primal Pizza {AIP}



I am so sorry to keep bombarding you all with plantain recipes, but I just can't help it. I just discovered plantains a few months ago, and it's versatility is still blowing my mind. So far I've made taco shells, cookies, pizza crust, and banana bread (recipe up soon!). The first recipe I experimented with was the taco shells. After posting the taco shell recipe, one of my readers asked if the mixture could be used to make pizza crusts. Great idea.

This pizza came together in less than 45 minutes, and was extremely easy to make.  I always have a batch of "no-mato" sauce made up, so that's what I used for the sauce on this pizza. If you're not following the Autoimmune protocol, feel free to use traditional organic tomato sauce. And use whatever toppings you like; this is just an idea to get you started. 

What you'll need: 





     Ingredients




1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Peel plantain. Blend with sea salt and coconut oil until you have a thick, smooth, dough. 

3. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the plantain dough onto the sheet. Use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly. Spread into a circle that is about 8-10" in diameter, and place in oven. 

4. Cook ground beef in large skillet, and set aside to top pizza with. Chop onion, and prepare other toppings for pizza. 

5. Flip crust after it has baked for 15-20 minutes. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or it becomes firm. 

6. Remove crust from oven. Add toppings, and bake for an additional 7 minutes. 

Enjoy! 





Comments

  1. This looks amazing! Have you ever tried plantain flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, but I've been thinking about dehydrating some plantains and grinding them into flour. Do you think that would work?

      Delete
    2. I have been dehydrating plantain slices in my oven and grinding them into flour in my food processor. Much cheaper than trying to buy plantain flour.

      Delete
  2. Are you connected to Pinterest? Many thanks! So excited about more aip recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The AIP community is just wonderful. I am on Pinterest. There's a link on the top of the right side bar; it's a Pinterest symbol. OR, here's a link: http://www.pinterest.com/primitiveblog/.

      Delete
  3. Can this be made ahead of time and then finished cooking at dinner?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment