Keto Creamy Lime Cheesecake (paleo, gluten free)


I'm over a month and a half into Keto, and still trying to find my groove. I know that "treats" make me crave sweets like crazy, so I have to limit them heavily; they're a real trigger for me. I've gone through so many periods of eating low carb, low sugar, and various other super strict diets over the years-- but I might always consider myself a recovering sugar addict. I'm definitely making progress though, even if it's taken my 5 years to get where I am now. My birthday was yesterday though, and I have been so eager to create some new recipes. 

I tinkered with this recipe again today to finesse it and even tried to add some vanilla protein powder to it to add some nutritional bang. That worked pretty well. If you're interested in that, I added 2 scoops of Bluebonnet vanilla protein powder. That added 6.5g of protein per slice (if you cut into 8-- 56g additional grams of protein for the entire pie), and .75g of carbs per slice (an additional 6g for the entire pie). 





Here's what ya need:

FILLING
8 oz mascarpone
4 oz cream cheese
2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
1/2 t. lime zest (not including additional for top-- optional)
2 tablespoons of melter coconut oil
10 drops of stevia (you may wish to add more-- I opted for a very light, creamy, not-too-sweet cheesecake)

1. Add to a blender or food processor and blend until light and whipped.
2. Pour into bowl and set aside.


CRUST
1/2 cup of roasted almond (mine were also salted-- optional)
1 + 1/4 cups of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of softened coconut oil

1. process until finely shredded and no large pieces of almonds remain.
2. Press into a springform pan. It may not seem cohesive at first, but once the coconut oil starts to solidify in the refrigerator, it will stick together quite well. Press down firmly and evenly and cover entire surface. I used an 8 inch springform.


Now, pour your cheesecake filling over the crust, and spread out evenly with a spoon. Refrigerate for at least two hours before removing and cutting. I garnished with lime zest. That's optional.


Here are the macros for the entire pie:
309g fat
14.5g carbs
18g protein

I cut mine into 8 slices, so here's the macros per slice for that serving size:
38g fat
1.81g carbs
2.25g protein

If you didn't read the intro, you can add protein powder for extra protein content and just about .75g extra carbs per slice. You may have a protein powder that you like that has even less carbs than that!

Enjoy~

Comments

Post a Comment