Pages

thrive

Friday, April 24, 2015

Carrot Spice Bites (AIP, 21DSD)

Share it Please


I am so obsessed with carrots right now, if you couldn't tell by the fact that this is my second carrot based recipe this month. I'm currently on day 16 of the The 21 Day Sugar Detox, and they're my go-to food when I'm craving something sweet, warm, and satiating. This recipe came about because my husband decided to eat ice cream after dinner last night, and I just had to have a treat. I threw some carrots in the oven with cinnamon and coconut oil, and thought that would help curb my cravings. When they we're done, I got inspired to make a "treat" with them. Viola! Super easy to make, and these passed my Mother's taste test (who usually thinks everything I make is weird). And to be completely honest, my toddler and I ate about 12 of these for breakfast, because.. well, you moms out there know! No guilt here.


Recipe:

* I did not actually buy coconut cream for this recipe, I used a tablespoon of the fat that had risen to the top of a can of coconut milk. 

What you need:








7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a tsp of vanilla and a bit of sea salt to the shredded coconut outside coating. Absolutely delicious and so thankful for finding this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm thrilled that you liked it. Thank you for the feedback.

      Delete
  3. These are the BOMB! I love this recipe and so does my daughter. We make it at least once a month. We add just a touch of vanilla extract and sea salt to the shredded coconut and it is divine. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is coconut cream and where do you get it? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, and I really want to try them. But what is the difference between coconut cream and coconut butter? I thought they were the same thing? Your link for each to Thrive market just takes me to their home page.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, I just noticed your note at the bottom of the recipe. I'm making these this weekend! :)

      Delete

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.