Share it Please
After a long hiatus (and I don't anticipate it ending here) I come back with this. My explanation: I went through some really rough morning sickness, moved (Twice! Yes, it was the worst.), began working more hours at my job, and began delving more into personal hobbies/passions. I still love food, and creating.. I just haven't had time to share with you all. The reason I randomly came up with this one and decided to share it, is: 1) My husband got me a new lens for Christmas (yes, he's the best), and this was one the first times I got to experiment with it. 2) This recipe came on a whim, and turned out really good.. I needed to document it! So, without further ado.. here is my recipe for paleo double dark chocolate chip banana bread.
(grain free, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free)
- 3 very ripe organic bananas
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of organic honey
- 2 heaping tablespoons of pure organic cocoa powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (optional)
- 3/4 cup of organic coconut flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup of organic pecans or walnut pieces, for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Add coconut flour to a mixing bowl, and mix until no clumps remain. You could, alternatively, use a flour sifter.
Then, add cocoa flour, chocolate chips (if you're feeling wild!), and baking soda.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine softened coconut oil, eggs, bananas and honey. Mash bananas, mix well.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients, and combine.
5. Pour mixture into a silicon (or stainless steel, coated with a think layer of coconut oil or lard) 8 by 4, or 9 by 5 loaf pan. Spread evenly. Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts if desired.
6. Bake for one hour, or until edges begin to brown and loaf starts getting firm.
7. Remove from oven, let cool for approximately 1 hour before removing from loaf and cutting.