Chewy Ginger Thin Cookies (Autoimmune Paleo)
This is quite possibly the easiest cookie recipe ever. It's also one of the best tasting! Sweet and simple- but not too sweet. This cookie is chewy, with just enough ginger to warm your soul. Mmm, I love ginger! It only takes a few minutes to prepare, and requires only a few dishes; a blender, a cookie cutter (optional), and a baking sheet. This is a big plus for me, because washing dishes is not my favorite chore. I am extremely particular about not making a huge mess in the kitchen when I am cooking. What about you guys? My husband DESTROYS the kitchen when he cooks- or prepares anything for that matter. I get scared when I see him entering the kitchen.. knowing that he'll use every spoon, fork, knife, and cutting board we have just to heat up some soup (I love you, Jason!). Anyhow, I love this recipe because after you put them in the oven to bake, you don't have to spend a great deal of time cleaning up.
These little yummies are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, (refined) sugar free, egg free, Paleo, and Autoimmune Paleo. I have only ever attempted to sweeten these with dates, and I think that the dates really help to form a cohesive dough with the other ingredients. If you attempt to sweeten these with some other sweetener or dried fruit, let us know how they turn out! Makes 15-20 cookies.
- 1 cup of organic shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup of arrowroot flour
- 1 cup of organic pitted dates
- 2.5 teaspoons of organic ginger powder
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Before you begin, your dates need to be softened. You can do this by soaking them overnight, or steaming them over boiling water for about 7 minutes.
2. In a blender or food processor, cream your shredded coconut. This should reduce it's volume by about half. Your coconut should have a thick, oily consistency.
3. Add ginger powder, arrowroot, and dates. Blend until mixture forms a thick dough.
4. Roll out dough until it is about 1/4" thick, or slightly thinner. Cut cookies using a cookies cutter, and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cookies start to brown around the edges. Cookies will harden after cooling for 15-20 minutes.
Open your heart, and accept the infinite love the universe has for you.