Pages

thrive

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Homemade Healing Toothpaste

Share it Please




After giving birth to my second daughter last February, my oral health was in ruins. I was honestly afraid to look at my teeth in the mirror, because it gave me severe anxiety. Sorry if this is TMI-- but after flossing and brushing, my sink looked like a crime scene. I never even knew that gums could bleed so profusely. Over just the course of about 4 months, my gum line had receded quite severely. I was trying to adjust to being a mom times two, was barely sleeping, trying to work from home, and was generally over-whelmed. All of that to say, I struggled to prioritize a visit with a dentist.  I started taking Megasporebiotic probiotic supplement, and decided to come up with a brushing blend. The results we're nothing short of miraculous. 
I ordered a 3 pack of Orawellness to start brushing with, and started brushing and flossing with it daily. I noticed a decrease in the bleeding almost right away. Orawellness, by the way, is an essential oil blend. It's almost exactly like Young Living's Thieves, but with the addition of manuka. The folks at Orawellness also provide you with plenty of credible information about which brush to use,  and how to effectively brush and floss (hint: you're probably doing it wrong). A few weeks later I went to the dentist and got a positive diagnosis for gum disease, and they told me that if my gums continued to recede at the same pace I would need a surgery. They cleaned my teeth, and I went straight home and made this toothpaste. Literally within ONE week, my gums stopped bleeding. Within a month, I could see that my gums were healing. Almost 5 months later, you couldn't even tell that I ever had gum disease.

Please be aware that I am not claiming that this is going to work for everyone. If you suspect you have gum disease, go to the dentist. Get your teeth cleaned. Get their opinion first. 

To make this:

1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 teaspoons of activated charcoal
1.5 teaspoons of baking soda
2 teaspoons of turmeric powder


Mix well. I put mine in a silicone tube, but it can also be stored in a mason jar. Use 1-5 times per week, in addition to your usual toothpaste.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds AMAZING! So after 5 months, your dentist no longer says you are a candidate for surgury? Can you clarify what you mean by 'silicone tube' used for the mix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya i read about baking soda which give good results in whitening teeth. thus i like this blog, it tells me different unique information.

    Best Implant Clinic In Chennai | Best Laser Clinic In Chennai | Best Dental Clinic In Vellore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Các nhà khoa học Nhật Bản sẽ giúp bạn tìm ra phương cách tốt nhất để vừa tăng cường sức khỏe, vừa chống lại ung thư một cách an toàn và hiệu quả nhất. Cùng tìm hiểu tác dụng của thuốc fucoidan hỗ trợ điều trị ung thư Fucoidan Umi No Shizuku giá bao nhiêu? Mua ở đâu?
    Fucoidan Umi No Shizuku là thực phẩm chức năng hỗ trợ điều trị ung thư của Nhật Bản được đánh giá cao nhất hiện nay. Tham khảo cách sử dụng thuốc Fucoidan. Fucoidan là kết quả của nhiều năm nghiên cứu và tổng hợp của các bác sĩ hàng đầu tại Nhật. Đây là sản phẩm cao cấp từ hãng dược phẩm Kamerycah Inc. Thuốc Fucoidan là gì ? một trong những thương hiệu tiên phong trong lĩnh vực ứng dụng thực phẩm biển phục vụ việc chữa bệnh để mang đến sức khỏe tối ưu nhất cho người sử dụng. Liều dùng thuốc Fucoidan. Bài viết này sẽ giúp bạn tìm hiểu về sản phẩm thuốc hỗ trợ điều trị ung thư Fucoidan Umi No Shizuku giá bao nhiêu? Mua ở đâu?

    ReplyDelete

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.