Pages

thrive

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Simple Paleo Meatloaf With "No-mato" Sauce (AIP)

Share it Please


When I started working on this recipe last week, I suddenly realized that it had been about 8 years since I'd had meatloaf! Crazy, huh?! Traditional meatloaf has bread crumbs, eggs, and tomatoes- so I didn't think it was possible to make an Autoimmune protocol version. However, I'm delighted to say that this came out far better than I remember meat-loaf tasting back in the day. I was even able to sneak about 4 oz. of this pate into my loaf without it affecting the flavor much!
Like always, I encourage you to use what you have. I put carrots, onions, and spinach in my loaf because that's what I had. If you have zucchini, cauliflower, and yams- use those! This meatloaf is pretty much "fail-proof" so don't be scared to experiment. I actually ate my leftovers cold, and really enjoyed it! For those interested in adding pate to your load, I noticed that eating the loaf cold made the liver flavor much more palatable.




  Ingredients



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Finely shred the carrot and add to large mixing bowl. Add ground beef, chopped onion, spinach, and spices. Combine well. Now add "no-mato" sauce and mix well.

3. Add meat mixture to a loaf pan, and press down evenly. Cut your bacon slices in half, and lay across your loaf. 

4. Bake load for 30 minutes, then remove to drain liquid. I poured my liquid into a mason to reserve for cooking with later. Place loaf back in the oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is desired crispyness. When you remove your loaf from the oven this time, you may need to drain the liquids again. 

4. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting. 

Enjoy! 






2 comments:

  1. Made the no-mato sauce and meatloaf for the first time tonight. Finding your blog had been uplifting. I've been on a version of AIP for about 6 weeks now and finding that i'm reacting to food still and getting bored with my current menu! So happy you have shared these recipes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your thoughtful feedback! I am so happy that you enjoyed the sauce; it's a real staple for me.

      Delete

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.