Share it Please
I really like this recipe because it's great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Before I began following the Autoimmune Paleo protocol, I even packed them in my back-pack for snack between classes! I'm sure there are some really great recipes out there for paleo condiments that would go great with these!
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 six oz. cans of wild caught salmon
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1.5 teaspoons of organic garlic granules
- 1.5 teaspoons of organic onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of organic dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons of organic dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons of organic thyme powder
- 1 + 1/3 cup of arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon of lard, tallow, or coconut oil
1. Whisk eggs until they are completely mixed.
2. Add salt, garlic, onion, pepper, parsley, basil, and thyme to the egg mixture and mix well.
3. Drain both cans of salmon, then add fish to egg mixture. Using a fork mash the salmon until there are no large chunks remaining.
4. Add arrowroot to mixture, and combine completely.
5. Heat chosen fat in a large skillet on medium. Using a large spoon, scoop salmon out onto skillet. Press down to form a 1/4' thick, and 3" in diameter patty. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until patty begins to turn golden brown.
Makes about 9 patties.