Pages

thrive

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Primal Pumpkin Mousse (AIP)

Share it Please



This dessert has been my go to snack for the past few weeks, and I am totally hooked. It's low in carbohydrates, and is chock full of healthy fats. Can you say satiating? If I'm really craving something sweet, I just whip this up to prevent myself from cheating. It's literally so filling, I can't even imagine cheating after eating this. Not to mention that it's a pretty nutritionally dense little snack! And if you're able to add the gelatin, it's even healing to your gut!




This recipe makes about 4 servings.    

Ingredients


1. Add pumpkin, avocado, spices, and honey to blender or food processor. Blend.

2. Add coconut milk to sauce pan, and stir in gelatin in completely. Once it's been stirred in, heat the coconut milk on medium heat until it's fully dissolved and begins to thicken slightly- about 4-5 minutes. Add coconut milk to blender with pumpkin mixture and puree completely.

3. Pour mixture into cups, or bowls or your choice and refrigerate. It only takes about 1.5 hours for this to set completely, but it's better if you wait 2-4 hours. 
Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic! I cannot wait to make it. So glad I came across your blog! You may or may not have saved me from a dessert bender.

    ReplyDelete

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.