Share it Please
This is day 6 of my 21 Day Sugar Detox, and I am falling in love with savory. I mean, I liked savory food before, but my relationship with it has drastically changed since cutting out excess carbohydrates. Seriously, it has brought a whole new meaning to the term satiating. I just feel perfectly full at every meal, and totally satisfied until the next. So far, this experience has been incredibly inspiring! Ideas are just blooming, and exploding everywhere. In my sleep. In class. I love cooking right now. For me, an incredibly restricted diet has just taught me how many things you can make with just a handful of ingredients.
Essentially, that's how I came up with this lovely recipe. I knew there were only a few things I could actually use to make what I was dreaming of, so I just gave them a try. And guess what? I'm probably going to bread everything like this from now on. Crunchy breading is just the best, right? I mean, sometimes a girl just needs something crunchy! I eat so many soups, salads, meats, that something with crunchy breading was a nice change for me. I hope you'll try it!
- 3/4 cups of organic shredded coconut
- 5-7 small, free-range chicken breast tenders
- 1.5 tablespoons of organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of organic coconut milk
- 1/5 tablespoons of organic dried parsley
- 1.5 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of organic onion powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of lard, tallow, or coconut oil (for cooking)
1. Thaw 5-7 chicken breast- either over night in the refrigerator, or in cool water on your counter.
2. Combine dry ingredients (shredded coconut, coconut flour, salt, parsley, onion powder) in a small bowl. Pour coconut milk in seperate small bowl.
3. Individually dip breasts in coconut milk, and then in shredded coconut mixture. Use your hands to completely coat the breast in breading.
4. Add breasts to skillet, and cook in your choice of fat on medium heat. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side, or until breading turns golden brown.
I served mine with pan fried asparagus, that was seasoned with fresh garlic. Serve with fresh lemon juice for a fresh, tangy flavor!