Pages

thrive

Monday, March 24, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Salmon & Avocado (AIP)

Share it Please


If I were wealthier, you know what I'd buy more of? Bacon. Pastured bacon. After being a vegetarian for a whopping 7.5 years, bacon is like.. sensory overload. I've only been eating it for the past 2-3 months, and just literally want to wrap and sprinkle everything with bacon. But, pastured bacon comes with a heavy price tag, and I only occasionally enjoy it as a treat. Last week I needed a quick snack to take a long with me, so I came up with this. It's got protein, lots of healthy fat, and is pretty satiating little snack! Who am I kidding? I ate this for lunch. It requires minimal preparation, and comes together fairly quick.

   Ingredients


1. Thaw bacon and salmon fillet.

2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

3. Cut salmon into 1/4" wide strips, that are 2-3 inches long. 

4. Cut avocado in half, and then into long slices. 

5. Place a slice salmon onto a slice of avocado. Place at the bottom end of a slice of bacon, and roll upward around salmon and avocado. You need to the wrap to somewhat tight, so that the contents don't fall out while baking. 

6. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until bacon is desired crispy-ness. 


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.