Pages

thrive

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Two Ingredient Primal Pancakes (PALEO, SCD, GAPS)

Share it Please

Yep, another banana recipe. I'm not sure why, but the last 3 recipes that I've posted have used bananas as a main ingredient. I totally forgot about this little gem of a recipe, until my daughter asked for "pan-pakes" last week. I don't know how I could have forgotten about it. It is awesome for mornings when you're short on time or ingredients. Flavor wise- it does not disappoint. Think banana bread. The following recipe will serve 2, so you may want to double the ingredients.

Let's get started!

  Ingredients
  • 1 organic banana, fully ripened
  • 2 free range eggs
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (optional) 
1. Blend all ingredients together in a blender until completely pureed. If you don't have a blender, mash the bananas in a bowl until they are completely smooth. Then, in a separate bowl, whisk eggs. Combine banana and eggs. 

2. Pour small round, cakes- about 3 inches in diameter- into a large pan on medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. 

That's it! Serve with maple syrup, honey, butter, ghee, or fresh berries! If you want a thick, bigger pancake, try adding a tablespoon of coconut flour to the mixture. As you can tell from the picture below, these are toddler approved. Well, it's actually quite difficult to determine what emotion she is trying to convey- but I can assure you that it is one of pure banana bliss.




Enjoy!

-Tyler

5 comments:

  1. Cool! I don't eat eggs, but I'm lovin' the simplicity of this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually not eating them right now either, but my toddler and husband do. A few more months on the Autoimmune protocol, and I lm going to try adding them back in. Thanks for your feedback! It's great for those who are just beginning the paleo diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. since both of you aren't eating eggs...is there any pancake recipe that you know of that's paleo that doesn't use eggs? Perhaps it uses flax or chia or psyllium or gelatin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie! I make these for my primal toddler, who does eat eggs. I don't have any experience with the "chia" egg, but I hear it works great. I know that Jessica over at Delicious Obsessions has a recipe for it. You may also want to check out plantain pancakes. You don't need any egg for those! I may actually put a recipe up for them sometime in the near future! Essentially, all you need is a plantain, a little coconut oil, and sweetener (if you desire). I also add a bit of arrowroot or coconut flour to thicken the mixture up a bit. Then you just use the mixture as you would a conventional pancake mixture. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. How do you get them so thick? Tried this recipe and it came out very runny and thin. I added some coconut flour to thicken it, but would love to get these to turn out like the ones in your picture! I blended everything in my vitamix then poured. DO you think my banana could have been too big? I tried adding more eggs in case I had too much banana first but that didn't work, but the coconut flour did. Any ideas what I did wrong? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.