Pages

thrive

Monday, January 20, 2014

PRIMAL Banana Fries Recipe {Autoimmune Paleo}

Share it Please





Ever noticed that you gravitate towards crunchy foods when you're stressed? Well, you might like to know that it's totally normal. Consuming crunchy foods actually helps us to relieve tension and stress. Personally, anything with some fat and crunch are my go to comfort foods. No, I do not condone emotional eating or eating foods for comfort, but sometimes these foods can be so incredibly grounding! I started a new semester of college last week, and I have been a bit overwhelmed with changes in my life- So, I really needed these. I want to note that this recipe is not an original creation; I had been seeing this recipe all over Pinterest, and just had to try it. So, since I have seen this recipe on so many sites, there is no one person to give the credit to. I would also like to remind you that frying your food is obviously not the healthiest way to cook it- so I don't recommend eating these very often. I would consider these fries a nutritionally neutral food; in moderation, they're neither good or bad for you. However, if you aren't using coconut oil, lard, tallow, etc.- they can be extremely unhealthy. It is very important to know the smoke point of the oil you are cooking with! Check out this chart for more information. These fries are AI Paleo, GAPS, and SCD friendly. However, if you follow the SCD, use very ripe bananas. This recipe will serve two.

What you'll need:

     Ingredients
  • 2 organic bananas (green tips, unless following SCD)
  • 1/4-1/3 cup of organic coconut oil, tallow, or lard
  • organic cinnamon (optional)
1. Peel both bananas, and cut in half. Cut each half into three long, flat slices. So, you should get 6 flat slices from each banana. 

2. Heat your coconut oil in a pan on medium heat. Make sure the oil is completely melted before adding your bananas. Fry for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. 

3. Remove, let cool, enjoy! 

-Tyler 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.