Pages

thrive

Friday, November 8, 2013

Herbed Pineapple & Sausage (AIP, Paleo, SCD)

Share it Please

When I first started my real food journey, I had a blast making elaborate meals. Chopping this, simmering this, sauteing that, roasting those, and putting them all together to make a fancy dish. If you're in it for the long haul, that just isn't a practical way to approach real food. (For me anyway.) Nowadays, I usually eat 1-2 ingredient meals!

I was inspired to try this combination by one of my favorite bloggers- Danielle Walker from Against All Grain. I got her cookbook for my birthday, and I can't even explain how good it is. It's so practical, and her story is incredibly inspiring. I've had/seen a lot of cookbooks in my life, and I can easily say this is the ONLY one I need. It's filled with staple recipes that really inspire you create your own dishes! Breads, crusts, condiments, dressings, tortillas, etc. Follow THIS link to check out her blog, and THIS one to see her cookbook on Amazon. I intended to post a link to the original recipe that inspired me, but I couldn't find it.

This combination (fruit, and beef sausages) has became one of my favorite easy breakfast combinations. It's simple, but versatile and unique. Not to mention, I always have fruit and ground beef in my kitchen. I have tried this with several different fruit and herb combinations, and you really can't go wrong with this recipe! The one I did in the picture is sweet basil and pineapple, but I highly recommend just using whatever you have.

Some possible combinations could be: apple-basil, apple-cilantro, apple-parsley, pear-rosemary (delish!), pineapple-cilantro, pineapple-rosemary, etc!

So, to make this super-simple, super-yummy dish- you'll need:

   Ingredients

1. Using your thawed ground beef, form sausages 2" in diameter. You can also also use pork or lamb for this recipe! With a 1/2 pound of ground beef, I usually end up with about 7 sausages. You can make yours as big or small as you like- however, I like to make them this size because they cook quicker! 

2. In a large sauteing pan/cast iron, begin cooking your sausages. I sprinkle a few teaspoons of garlic powder on my sausages; I think it complements the fruit and herbs nicely.  Once your sausages have cooked on one side, you can flip them and add the fruit to your pan. I use a ceramic pan, and I never have to use oil as a non-stick agent. (I highly recommend getting one of these!)

3. Add your herbs, and a pinch of salt. Flip/stir your fruits while your sausages finish cooking. I like my fruit to just be gently warmed and softened- not quite browned.

Viola! I hope you enjoy.

-Tyler




No comments:

Post a Comment

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.