Pages

thrive

Monday, October 14, 2013

Frozen Yogurt (RAW, SCD)

Share it Please


I've been contemplating this recipe for some time, and finally decided to go for it. Needless to say, this will be a staple in my freezer from now on. If you're on the SCD, you are probably really missing ice-cream! My husband has been eating ice-cream fairly often, and it was starting to become near impossible to fight the urge to attack him and scarf down a few bites. I've pretty much mastered the art of making SCD yogurt, so I've been experimenting with different recipes it can be used in. If you haven't already, check out my (RAW) SCD Goat Yogurt recipe; that's what I used to makes these glorious golden scoops of goodness.

What you'll need to make this yummy stuff:



     Ingredients
1. In a blender- blend egg yolks, 2 cups of yogurt, palm oil and honey. 

2. Once those things are well combined, whisk that mixture + the remaining yogurt in a bowl. 

3. Put the mixture in your ice-cream maker for approximately 25 minutes. I have the Rival Ice Cream Maker, and I think it takes longer than others. 

4. Store in freezer in an airtight container. It will be thick, and more dense after several hours in the freezer. Some ice-creams and frozen yogurts get rock hard in the freezer, and near impossible to scoop. This one doesn't! I had no problem scooping it out.

This frozen yogurt is so delightfully tangy and perfect. I hope you enjoy. More flavor combinations soon to come! I made this on a whim at like 9 pm, so I went simple style. Again, the add-ins are non-exhaustive- do don't hesitate to thrown something extra into the mixture. Some ideas: cacao nibs, maca, peppermint oil & chocolate chips, blueberries/puree, pumpkin puree/pumpkin spice, etc., etc. 
Brag posts are appreciated. 

-Tyler 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.