Pages

thrive

Monday, October 14, 2013

Classic Macaroons (Paleo, SCD)

Share it Please


Who doesn't like a good macaroon? Their quick, easy, and so delicious. It was literally hard for me to photograph these without eating them all. My daughter was actually hovering over them while I was taking pictures, waiting for a chance to sneak one. I really like recipes that are versatile, and this one definitely is. The flavor combinations and add-ins for macaroons are non-exhaustive. I made these two ways, to inspire you to try your own add-ins.

I always have the ingredients to make these cookies, and it's likely you do to.  So, go ahead- check your pantry!

What you'll need:


    Ingredients

1. Separate your egg whites into a glass bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat them until it makes peaks (about 4-5 minutes).

2. Now, add in your honey and sea salt. Mix until well combined. (Now would be the time to add your add-ins.)

3. Add the shredded coconut and coconut flour, and stir in with a spoon. 

4. Let the mixture set for a few minutes before forming cookies. I used a round coffee scoop to form nice rounded cookies. If you want big ones, you can even use an ice-cream scoop. I ended up with about 16 smaller ones. 

5. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until the tops start to turn golden. 

That's it! 

Here's a variation I made. Instead of adding 2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut flour- I added 1 tablespoon of coconut flour, and 2 tablespoons of 100% cacao powder! Dark chocolate macaroons? Oh yeah.


Please, let me know if you tried either recipe!

-Tyler 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Keep it up.Visit my site too.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.