Share it Please
Who doesn't like a good macaroon? Their quick, easy, and so delicious. It was literally hard for me to photograph these without eating them all. My daughter was actually hovering over them while I was taking pictures, waiting for a chance to sneak one. I really like recipes that are versatile, and this one definitely is. The flavor combinations and add-ins for macaroons are non-exhaustive. I made these two ways, to inspire you to try your own add-ins.
I always have the ingredients to make these cookies, and it's likely you do to. So, go ahead- check your pantry!
What you'll need:
- 2 cups of organic shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of organic coconut flour
- 3 large eggs (whites only)
- 4 tablespoons of organic honey
- a pinch of sea salt
1. Separate your egg whites into a glass bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat them until it makes peaks (about 4-5 minutes).
2. Now, add in your honey and sea salt. Mix until well combined. (Now would be the time to add your add-ins.)
3. Add the shredded coconut and coconut flour, and stir in with a spoon.
4. Let the mixture set for a few minutes before forming cookies. I used a round coffee scoop to form nice rounded cookies. If you want big ones, you can even use an ice-cream scoop. I ended up with about 16 smaller ones.
5. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until the tops start to turn golden.
Here's a variation I made. Instead of adding 2 1/2 tablespoons of coconut flour- I added 1 tablespoon of coconut flour, and 2 tablespoons of 100% cacao powder! Dark chocolate macaroons? Oh yeah.
Please, let me know if you tried either recipe!