Pages

thrive

Monday, September 16, 2013

4 Ingredient Chocolate Pudding (RAW, PALEO, GAPS)

Share it Please

If you're like me, you need sugar snacks to function. Personally, if I want to be successful on a restricted diet, I have to have healthy desserts on hand. I am currently following the Paleo and SCD diet, so I like to keep my meals simple. Most of the recipes that I'll be sharing here will be quite simple- using only about 4-7 ingredients. I have never been a fan of those complex gluten-free recipes that use 20 ingredients to make the end product bread-like. You know what I'm talking about. So, expect to see lots of these super simple, tasty, healthy recipes! This one is one of the quickest, easiest, and most delicious. It's rich, creamy, and (best of all) healthy!  There are a million variations of this recipes on Pinterest, and I'm sure they are all great. However, I like to stick to these basic 4 ingredients. The great thing about simple recipes like this, is that you can add whatever flavors/extras you want. For example: cacao nibs, nut/seed butter, vanilla, mesquite, maca, chia seeds, etc. And lastly, let me ease your fears about the combination of avocado and chocolate. It's incredible. If you're too scared to try it.. you're seriously missing out. 

So here's what you'll need:



   
Ingredients:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender, Magic Bullet, or food processor and puree. Add enough water to create a smooth, but thick, consistency. You don't need a super powerful blender like the Vitamix to make this. I used the Magic Bullet, and mine was completely pureed. It tasted best when the avocado has been chilled, but it isn't necessary. You could even put it in the freezer for 1-2 before you make it! 

That's it! I garnished mine with organic coconut flakes, but the possibilities are endless. You could garnish with raspberries, blueberries, almonds, or bananas. 

Enjoy!







  

1 comment:

  1. Pretty gross if I'm being honest. I made exactly as the instructions say to and it tasted like cocoa miked with an avocado and some coconut oil. Guess I was expecting some kind of delicious transformation. Save your avocados for guac!

    ReplyDelete

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.