Pages

thrive

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blueberry Lemon Ginger Scones! (Paleo)

Share it Please

    Well hey there! As you've probably noticed, my blog is still under construction. 
    I am still figuring out the coding and such, and it isn't easy. Especially
    when my little one is hanging on to my legs, and pleading for my attention.

    Anyhow, I decided to put together this recipe post to see what it would look like.
    I love this recipe because it is so versatile and easy! We usually have all
    of the ingredients to make these. You can make cakes, muffins, or scones with this
    recipe, and the flavor combinations are endless. Not to mention they are paleo, 
    sugar-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, soy-free, and dairy-free!

    So, here it is:


    Ingredients:
  • 3 organic eggs
  • 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil (or EVOO)
  • 1/4 cup of honey (you may use any sweetener of your choice)
  • 2 tablespoon of water
  • 1 cup of flax seed mill (preferably freshly ground)

     Combine the wet & dry ingredients in separate bowls. Once mixed well, combine the two.
     Throw the mixture in a muffin tin, a pie dish, or anything you want! Bakes at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
     Store in the refrigerator.

     Yep. That's it. Easy, huh? You can make them plain, and they're still super delicious. 
     However, I chose to add blueberry, lemon, and ginger to my
     scones. I added those in the following proportions:
  • 1 & 1/2 tablesoons of fresh, organic, grated ginger
  • 1/3 cup of frozen (or fresh) organic blueberries
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of fresh, organic lemon zest
     Keep in mind that you don't have to follow those proportions exactly; there is no perfect,
     exact measurement. I just throw in any amount, and it always comes out delicious.
     Here are some other flavor combinations you might want to try: 
  • shredded carrot, diced apple, walnut peices and cinnamon
  • cacao nibs, with toasted coconut flakes on top
  • cocoa powder and shredded coconut
  • mushed banana, cinnamon and walnuts
  • diced apple and cinnamon
  • blueberry and almonds
  • any berries
     Have fun! And let me know how it goes if you decide to try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All recipes are original creations by Tyler Peacock (The Primitive Homemaker), unless otherwise noted. If you wish to use a recipe on your own recipe or blog, please provide your readers with the link to my original recipe.